Friday, December 18, 2009


I just did something that was really hard for me... Natasha and Nitchele have been really mean to each other lately. Last night I went to get my hair cut and received phone calls that I ignored. After all I was getting MY hair cut. My messages were Natasha in tears " Mom Nitchele just broke all the pretzels that I made for you for Christmas" (sob sob). Then another one from Nitchele (crying uncontrollably) "Mom blbu a blum a mmba bluba call me back" (well it went something like that.) I get home to find out Natasha was eating MY pretzels she made for me and wouldn't share with Nitchele. Nitchele got mad, broke the pretzels and sat on Natasha. Natasha grabbed the item closest to her to get out of the situation. Scissors!!! She cut some of Nitchele's hair. And the fight was over. I said no friends for 2 weeks. That's the easy part. It's easy to say that but when they call on their friends cell phone from the bus the last day of school before Christmas break. And say all their friends are going to Jensen's house to play can we go? I said " We talked about this last night and I really think you should come home." Natasha was in tears when she said "Ok". I was so close to saying yeah that will be fine, and have fun. But I said no and it was hard for me. I told her them need to learn how to treat each other before they can have friends again. We went through this about 3 months ago and it worked so here we go again!!

8 comments:

Kaye Lynn said...

You're a good mom...even though they won't tell you that.

Idaho Beagleys said...

Oh man, I feel for you, but you go girl. Keep reminding me of these things, I know mine is coming.

Idaho Beagleys said...

Oh yea, and I LOVE this picture of the girls. They are sooooo lucky they will always have each other, even if they don't know it now.

jaci said...

i hate when brooke and kelsi are mean to each other too-but i was not always nice to one of my sisters and i couldn't live without her now...it's kinda nice to hear your kids aren't always perfect-i'm sure my kids get sick of hearing loretta's kids don't talk back to their mom or loretta's kids always stick up for each other =)

Melissa Durtschi said...

Its tough love...I'm learning that doing the right thing is never easy. You are a great mom and as hard as it is to stick to your guns, they will remember that you are a woman of your word. Someday they will appreciate you and each other...till then, chin up!!!!

Stacey Jensen said...

My poor girls! They are learning the hard way that love sometimes means consequences. You did good even though it sure doesn't feel that way. I am so proud of you.

Annie Allen said...

I didn't even notice her hair when we were there! What a bummer. I hate having to be strong. Brad's role is to be the mean one.... too bad he isn't around more so it actually works!

Cyndee Bodily said...

Good Job, Loretta! Stick to your guns. We always tell our kids that friends come and go but family is always there. They will be glad they have you as their mom (maybe not for a few years though) ;o).