Monday, November 29, 2010

One year older and wiser too!!!


I woke up yesterday to my kids homemade birthday cards, and their own message written in them. Does it get any better than that? I just had to share a little of Mikayla's message to me. "I love you so much. No one could ever replace you, for sure. I mean how many moms do you think have 3 jobs? I think not very much. So I'm glad well Happy B~day #1 MOM." I had to smile inside at this. I only have 2 jobs unless she was counting being a mom. But it still made me feel good. I love how our kids look at us and see us so different than we see ourselves. This is something that I am learning as my kids get older and can express their love and feelings in a simple little card with a hand drawn,4 level birthday cake,with a big 36 on top.I am also learning as I get older,why my mom saved all the quirky notes that were written to her. I think maybe she learned it from her mother? Things like this can never be replaced. As i have had the opportunity (I will call it) to deliver mail this last year, I have noticed the dieing art of a card to a friend and neighbor. I pick up cards from someone one day and the next day I deliver it to the neighbor. It would be so much quicker and cheaper to walk it over and hand deliver it. We all like to get cards in the mail. I am going to try harder in my old age to become a little more "old school" and send more cards. I am so thankful for my family and look forward to getting more cards with cute messages in them.

1 comment:

Annie Allen said...

Cute!! Such a good point too. It's so nice to have something tangible in hand too. =)