Thursday, October 3, 2013

Apples Apples Apples

When mom and dad said "The trees are loaded" , I didn't fully comprehend what that meant.....

I mean really whats a girl to do? I cant let them go bad, thats just not in me.
The wind blew really hard the other day and I can't believe the "wind fall" apples, and now I know why my Grandma Park calls them that....

Look at all the apples on the ground. They all blew from the top of the tree. That's mother natures way of helping me out :)


So now i am in search of someone with an apple press. Roger Hampton says it makes the best apple juice, that you can freeze in milk jugs. We are up to 4 milk jugs and still saving.


This is the tree closest to the garden it tipped when the wind blew. We are going to get the ground good and wet and see if we can stand the 2 smaller trees back up and stake them for the winter and spring.



I even resorted to using my favorite carry-all...
 my laundry baskets

So now I am in search of apple recipes...I wonder if I can come up with something new,like apple lotion or something like that hahaha!!!!

2 comments:

Brian and Krista said...

Oh my heck!! How sad the tree tipped! I will come get a bunch ��

Unknown said...

Loretta, you and Brian said that you needed apples, we did our best praying for you and the trees. We did pretty good, huh! It was so good to see the trees and the yard. Steve just remembered another guy who has a press, Lou Castagno, he thinks is the name. He has a mechanical press that he built and does custom pressing for half of the produce. He lives in the next to the last house on the right 1 mile from the intersection on Hemmings road, down by Kelly Robison's home. Good luck with that address. Good luck with the rest of the garden. We are thinking of you. Sure is a good thing you are young and have lots of energy and kids to eat the produce. Ofa `atu