Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Football

As the football season comes to a close for Braxton...and after many trips to Sugar City from Hibbard $$ (FUEL) for practices and games to different towns. I'm happy to report we had a good time!!!
When Braxton came to me this summer and said he wanted to play football, I told him "sure if you really want to" he assured me that he did.  Of course with me as his mother, I was worried about my little pipsqueak. He was so excited and wouldn't let me forget about the sign up dates and the days to pick up equipment. We have invested in cleats, the smallest size practice pants with pads, 2 mouth guards (because the first one broke), and under armour. I have loved watching his excitement as he has learned new things and learned to love the sport. He played on a team of 4th and 5th graders. So with him being in 4th grade he was one of the younger players as well as the smallest. I giggled ever time I watched him run out to play in the game and being the only one to have to pull up his pants as he ran.When I told everyone that he was playing they laughed and said that the pads would weigh more than him. But my Little James was very determined to keep up, and proved us all wrong.  He had a blast at every practice and loved all the games.They tried him in many positions, I have no idea which ones they are haha... I cant wait to see what his future brings. And ours as well..... GO DIGGERS!!!!

1 comment:

Brian and Krista said...

Hehehe! He almost looks big in this picture.. And then you scroll down and see his long chicken legs!!