Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I did it !!!

OK so I finally did it... I passed all my CDL tests. I have been working on it and training with Sugar Salem transportation Dep. for about 4 weeks now. Just 10 more hours of observation and I will be on my own. I have thought about driving bus for a couple of years now. Boone is 3 and all the other kids are in school. I will be substituting for now till there is a full time route available. Who could ask for a better job than one that you are home when you kids are home? I am rather proud of myself... when I said I wanted to drive bus I never knew the training that is involved with it. But I am comfortable with all of it now. Tony Rothwell asked me yesterday if I have STUPID written on my forehead, I said not really....it is actually DIPUTS so the people in front of me can see it in their rear view mirrors. HAHAHA!!! I never thought I had any of my Great Grandpa Godfrey in me, (as ornery as I remember he was)But I respect him for driving bus for 27 years. Those are the ones who should be asked what they have written on their foreheads....that's a long time.

4 comments:

Grandma Smith said...

I think that is so great and I can't think of any one that is more patient that you. Don't forget you can always use the famous "Do I have to stop this bus" phrase.

Annie Allen said...

And so clever too!! That's what I admire about you... always have something clever to say...

Stacey Jensen said...

That is so awesome!! I truly wish you were taking over my kid's bus route!!!

Cyndee Bodily said...

Did he really ask you that? I would have cried, not come back with something funny! You are so awesome Loretta. Congratulations on passing the test! You will be the best bus driver... maybe we will move back into where ever you are driving - just to be on your bus!